Full Stack Senior Drupal Developer
Nusura, Inc. is seeking a full-time Full Stack Senior Drupal Developer to join our highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a creative problem solver. Any applicant should be customer oriented as the quality of our service at Nusura, Inc. is as important as the quality of our work. We are looking for someone with the aptitude to learn new technology practices, platforms, and tools quickly. This position requires a person willing to pursue innovative ways to achieve business goals, strong communication skills to collaborate and communicate across multiple Business/IT channels, and someone with the capability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment. The Full Stack Senior Drupal Developer will share responsibility for supporting and maintaining our current online applications, as well as developing and implementing new application features that will continue to make us the leading influence within our industry.
At Nusura, Inc., we work with our customers to build a better, safer, more resilient future. Founded in 2008, Nusura is led by professionals who have served in leadership positions in the military, local, state, and federal agencies, and the private sector during some of the most challenging incidents in recent history including during the US Federal Government’s response to the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. Our team has also supported hundreds of emergency responses including the US Coast Guard’s rescue operation following Hurricane Katrina, and Hurricane Sandy. We analyzed the 2017 Petya/NotPetya global cyber-attack and helped build FEMA’s 2018 National Level Hurricane Exercise based on real-time social data analysis of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria. We’ve written hundreds of emergency and crisis response plans, so we know the difference between what sounds good on paper and what actually works in a crisis. Learn more at https://nusura.com
We leverage this experience with a heavy dose of creative and technological innovation, like SimulationDeck – the international standard in Internet simulation and cloud-based exercise management. Our creativity and technological acumen inform every project we undertake as we craft innovative solutions that help our customers solve complex problems. With its unique strengths and groundbreaking capabilities, SimulationDeck has been featured in media outlets such as Colorado Public Radio, WIRED Magazine, Innovation & Tech Magazine, and The Washington Examiner. Whether it’s working with Public Information Officers on a disaster scenario in the U.S. Virgin Islands or teaching students at Texas A&M University how to deal with a corporate brand crisis, SimulationDeck is able to effectively help clients build a better, safer, more resilient future. Learn more at https://nusura.com/simulationdeck
Responsibilities & Duties
The Full Stack Senior Drupal Developer, under the direction of the Application Development Services Division Director, will be a dedicated and valued resource for the Nusura Application Development Services Team. This position will support SimultationDeck, our proprietary, highly interactive Enterprise CMS Software as a Service (SaaS) web application, and its use by multiple clients. The Full Stack Senior Drupal Developer will work with a variety of internal and external teams to provide support and maintenance for the current SaaS SimulationDeck including the participation in an “on-call” team assembled to support needs outside of normal business hours. In parallel, this position will also support the development and design of cutting edge SimulationDeck product enhancements.
- 5+ years of full-time experience with Full-Stack Drupal 7
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to research and self-educate in order to learn new technologies, methodologies, and processes quickly
- Willingness to receive guidance, follow directions, and adhere to proper workflow channels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building web applications in a LAMP environment
- Proficiency operating a Mac
- Must follow basic coding standards and best practices
- Experience using Git and various gitflow workflows used with small/medium sized development teams
- Fluency in the English language
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs
- Working knowledge of the Drupal API, theme layer and Drupal Best Practices
- Experience creating custom Drupal Modules
- Experience working with JQuery and AJAX
- Experience building and managing web services and REST API’s
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Composer, Drush, and working with command line (linux)
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Should be able to provide code examples and/or Drupal profile link
- Experience building or supporting a Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- Experience with Apache Solr or equivalent
- Experience troubleshooting and improving Drupal application performance and security
- Familiarity working with DevOps tools and technologies used for automated testing, continuous deployment, continuous integration, and high availability solutions
- Advanced understanding of building and maintaining a responsive theme design
- Advanced understanding of building applications for cross-browser compatibility
- Experience writing custom tests for automated testing tools/practices
- Experience developing applications that meet Federal Accessibility Compliance Standards (Section508)
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with experience and skills in any of the following areas:
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Experience with Full-Stack Drupal 8 development including theming plus backend
- Code contribution(s) in the Drupal open source community
- Experience working with the following technologies/frameworks:
- Angular JS
- Node.js or AngularJS
- Familiarity with behavior driven development
- Experience building and supporting decoupled or headless Drupal application solutions
- Experience working on government systems and understanding of any of the following federal security frameworks/compliencies:
This position is a 3-month contract to hire, full-time opportunity that requires a 40 hour per week commitment. Work is typically performed during standard business hours. However, there are occasions in which very large projects or special circumstances arise where work is required during the evening or weekend hours in order to support client needs. Candidates must be willing to adjust their schedule when needed to help support such occasions.
- Location: Nusura Headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Remote work allowed on a case-by-case basis.
- Salary: Nusura, Inc. offers competitive compensation that is based on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits: Nusura offers two weeks of paid vacation and an IRA contribution matching up to 3 percent. Nusura does not offer health insurance at this time. As this is a 90-day contract to hire position, benefits will not be effective until after the 90 day period ends and permanent employment has begun.
- How to Apply: Send resumes with cover letter to [email protected] or go to https://nusura.com/apply.
- EOE: Nusura, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.