Nusura is now accepting applications for a full-time, salaried director to lead our international services practice area. Preference will be given to qualified candidates who also have experience working with department of defense organizations. Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are located in, or willing to relocate to, Denver, Colorado, or who are located in, or willing to relocate to, the United Kingdom.
This is a director-level position. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 15 years of experience developing contracts and managing projects for international organizations in one or more of the following competencies:
- crisis and emergency preparedness
- strategic planning
- defense information strategy and exercise support
- strategic communications
- creative services
- technological innovation
Roles and Responsibilities
The Director of International Services is responsible for developing and managing a broad spectrum of crisis and emergency preparedness projects. Core roles for this position include:
- Executing billable project work (60%) and business development activities (40%)
- Providing Nusura executives with a high level of visibility on project execution and business development opportunities
- Planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, projects, and reports
- Developing, planning, and executing projects that meet Nusura’s exceptional standards of quality and excellence
- Supporting Nusura’s response to data calls, proposal and work statement development, etc.
In addition to the highest standards of personal professionalism, consummate work ethic, drive, and unreserved commitment to performance quality, the following skills and experience are preferred:
- At least 15 years of experience managing all aspects of large and diverse international crisis and emergency preparedness projects, including experience in emergency public health, emergency transportation, emergency operations, emergency planning for people with access and functional needs, emergency public information, or other emergency support functions
- Previous experience in emergency management or homeland security and a comprehensive understanding of the National Response Framework, NIMS, and HSEEP concepts and principles
- Previous experience in international crisis and emergency preparedness and disaster response
- Previous experience in business and contract development related to projects in our core service areas
- Personal identification and alignment with our corporate culture and values and a desire to advance Nusura’s mission and business objectives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Good technical, formal and informal writing proficiency
- Technological aptitude (willingness and ability to quickly learn and utilize software programs)
- Ability to efficiently manage time and workload, including planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports
- Ability to adapt management and communications styles to meet the needs of clients in different industries (e.g. Fortune 500, defense, local, state, and federal agencies, etc.)
*Preference will be given to qualified candidates who also have experience working with Department of Defense organizations in the following capacities:
- Managing sales teams and project management teams
- Architecting and directing successful business development strategies
- Experience in defense information strategy and exercise design
- Command of the defense contracting landscape including relationships with other small, midsize, and large defense contractors
Open positions at Nusura fill quickly. Apply now.
SOME THINGS WE HAVE DONE
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING...
WIRED magazine takes an in-depth look at SimulationDeck and how the exercise management and delivery platform is changing the way first responders and emergency managers prepare to address natural and human-caused disasters.
Read more at wired.com.
Nusura CEO Mark Amann talks with CPR about the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane and how social media is changing the way we understand, respond to and recover from disasters.
Read more at cpr.org.
Nusura is proud to partner with the many defense and emergency management organizations providing innovative crisis preparedness training. National Defense magazine recently sat down with Nusura's Mark Amman to learn more about how these partners are using SimulationDeck to enhance exercise realism and improve operational readiness through information environment simulation.
Read more at nationaldefensemagazine.org.